Baldivis Kite Buggying on Vimeo

Sunday 22 November 2015

Too much of a good thing...

I haven't posted in a while as I haven't had the opportunity to buggy much due to the weather and life.

Today was the day, the forecast looked good with 12-15 knots.


Everything was loaded ready to go. This morning I woke to gently swaying trees, got up and got out. 

On the lake checked the wind and it was 15 knots + blowing an easterly so thought I could buggy all the way down the lake. I was motoring down the lake approaching a narrower bit which was blocked by a man and his dogs!

Power slide to stop and de-powered the kite, which went behind me, bow-tied and ended dropping into the bush! Thankfully missed all the trees and sat still on the grass!

Disconnected the flying lines and after half an hour of careful extraction and then bridle de-tangling I was able to pack the kite away, could have attempted to reattach the lines and given it another go but the wind had kicked off.

20-25 knots is too much for me, wouldn't have flown the 6m Access no way I was going to try my R1!





No comments:

Post a Comment